- Tech Specs
- PDF Downloads
The Dri-Eaz F284 DefendAir HEPA 500 Air Purifier provides the advanced clean air performance a restoration job needs. It provides variable speed control from 250 to 500 CFM, the typical airflow level demanded on restoration job.
High efficiency air filtration, the maximum clean air rating from AHAM, and extreme versatility – all with a small footprint! The Dri-Eaz HEPA 500 combines advanced clean air performance with the valuable features to help make the restorer’s job easier. The DefendAir HEPA 500 uses HEPA filter media with an efficiency rating of 99.97% against 0.3-micron oily aerosol particles, and provides 250 to 500 CFM, the typical airflow level demanded on restoration jobs.
The Dri-Eaz F284 DefendAir HEPA 500 Air Purifier uses HEPA filter media with an efficiency rating of 99.97% against 0.3-micron oily aerosol particles, and provides 250 to 500 CFM, the typical airflow level demanded on restoration jobs.
The Dri-Eaz HEPA 500 offers the assurance of the maximum Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR), an official standard set by the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM). The HEPA 500 meets the maximum standard set by AHAM (450 CFM). Independent testing using AHAM protocols also verifies that the HEPA 500 exceeds AHAM standards by delivering 500 CADR.
Designed for Restoration
With user-friendly and versatile features, the Dri-Eaz HEPA 500 is ideal for handling indoor air quality needs on every restoration job. Any job that involves sewage, mold, or fire damage clearly involves significant amounts of particulates and smelly gasses – a direct result of the damage itself.
In a water damage restoration environment, the high-velocity airflow needed for drying can stir up particulates that have settled in carpet or on other materials. The Dri-Eaz HEPA 500 can address indoor air quality quickly and efficiently, and help restore any environment to a pre-loss condition – the ultimate goal of every restoration job.
How the DefendAir HEPA 500 WORKS
The Dri-Eaz HEPA 500 uses an efficient mix of airflow and filtration to create “cleaner” air. The unit’s maximum 500 CFM motor draws air into two types of filters--a pre-filter and a HEPA filter. The first stage of filtration captures larger particles, and the second stage of filtration captures much smaller particles down to 0.3 microns.
What makes the Dri-Eaz DefendAir HEPA 500 unique is its Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) capability. CADR is an Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers' (AHAM) rating that tells you how efficiently the machine and filter work together to remove particles from the air at the airflow rate you’re using.
You can use the Dri-Eaz F284 DefendAir HEPA 500 Air Purifier for mold remediation and/or water damage restoration. The unit is not intended for asbestos remediation.
- Built-in Microban® antimicrobial product protection to inhibit the growth of odor and stain causing bacteria, mold and mildew in this machine.
- Advanced filtration technology
- Daisy chain capability - link up to 3 units on 1 power outlet
- Variable CFM on each unit - up to 1500 CFM per 15-amp circuit
- Stackable, lightweight, and easily transportable
- Model: F284
- Power: 3 amps, 115V, 60 Hz
- Dimensions (H × W × D): 24.6 × 26.2 × 18.2 in. 62.5 × 66.5 × 46.2 cm
- Duct sizes: Intake: 12 in.
- Outlet: 8 in.
- Use weight: 44 lbs | 19.9 kg
- Frequency: 60 Hz
- Air movement: 250 CFM (min.), 500 CFM (max.)
- Filter system: 2-stage
- Primary filter: HEPA filtration technology
- Pre-filter: Standard paper pre-filter, plus plus Activated Carbon Filter and DOP filter options
- Daisy chain: Plug three units together – provides up to 1500 CFM
- GFCI: Outlet protected
- Power cord length: 25 ft. | 7.62 m
- Speed: Variable from 250 CFM to 500 CFM
- Filter change light: Indicates when primary (HEPA) filter needs to be changed
- Housing: Rotomolded polyethylene
- Safety marks: UL/C-UL Listed