Ebac SPP6A Dehumidifier
- Tech Specs
- model: SPP6A
- Water Removal: 17 pints per day
- Airflow: 147 cfm (cubic feet per minute)
- Noise Level: 50 dba (same to window air conditioner at 3 ft)
- Weight: 62 lbs
- Minimum Operating Temperature: 33°F
The EBAC SPP6A DEHUMIDIFIER is a rugged, military specification dehumidifier which protects stored equipment from excess humidity.
The Ebac SPP6A dehumidifier may be deployed inside flexible sealed storage covers or well sealed rooms. The system complies with the British Military Defence specifications D/DGFVE/12/2 and VPIP/31.
- View more of our Ebac Dehumidifiers
How Ebac SPP6A Dehumidifier works
Dehumidifiers remove moisture from the air that is circulating through the unit.
The resulting reduction of relative humidity helps prevent rust, rot, mould, mildew and condensation within the room, or other enclosed spaces where the dehumidifier is used.
A dehumidifier consists of a motor-compressor unit, a refrigerant condenser, an air circulating fan, a refrigerated surface, a means of collecting and disposing the condensed moisture and a cabinet to house these components.
The fan draws air through the refrigerated surface and cools it below its dew point, removing moisture which is collected and led away. The cool air then passes the hot condenser, where it is reheated. With the addition of other radiated heat the air is discharged into the room at a higher temperature but lower relative humidity than when the air entered the unit. Continuous circulation of the room air through the dehumidifier unit gradually reduces the relative humidity in the room.
The Ebac SPP6A Dehumidifier is a robust, compact unit designed to control the humidity in the enclosed space in which it is placed.
The unit is thermally protected and will switch off for a period if the maximum operating temperature of 50ºC is exceeded. The Ebac SPP6A dehumidifier has been designed for the exacting conditions which can prevail in the medium to long term storage of mobile shelters and vehicles. It combines lightness and compactness with high reliability and strength.
Handles contribute to its portability.
A Dehumidifier stand (Part Number 1137500) is available to provide both a level platform and an easy working height for the operational personnel.
The gas which is used inside the hermetically sealed refrigeration circuit is R134A, which contains no chics and has therefore a zero ozone depletion factor.
BUT under no circumstances should this gas be released into the atmosphere, the unit should be serviced by trained personnel who will re-claim any of the unwanted gas.
Once positioned inside the storage area, the required level of humidity can be selected by adjusting the humidity control knob to the appropriate setting. Operation is then automatic. The unit is supplied with a monitor box which is positioned on the dehumidified area. The monitor box incorporates indicator lamps which show power on, dehumidifier running, high humidity warning lamp. The monitor box allows the operating status of the dehumidifier to be confirmed without needing to enter the dehumidified area.
Whenever there is a need for fast, dependable, energy-efficient drying, Ebac can provide the answer.
- Hermetically sealed internal components minimize maintenance requirements.
- Copper refrigeration circuit throughout for long life.
- Stainless steel fittings throughout the entire machine.
- Integral refrigerant compressor cut-off device.
- Secondary nonadjustable humidistat which is factory set 60% Relative Humidity.
- Shock and vibration tested design in accordance with military transport requirements.
- Monitor box allows operating status to be confirmed without entering the dehumidified area.
- High-humidity warning lamp on external monitoring box.
- Two folding carrying handles.
- Welded 1.25mm steel chassis and covers.
- Floor stand to raise unit above ground level.
- Hot gas defrost and condensate frost protection for low temperature operation.
- Floor Stand
- Wall Mounting Kit.
- Voltage Stabilizer Pack
- 240V/50HZ power supply
- Compressor: High Efficiency Reciprocating
- Height: 9.84"
- Width: 13.4"
- Length: 17.6"
- Weight: 62lbs.
- Voltage: 115V
- Phase: 1
- Frequency: 60 Hz
- Current: 2.7a
- Power: 250-300W
- Airflow: 147 cfm
- Noise Level: approx. 50 dba
- Refrigerant: R1
- Typical Extraction: 17 ppd
- Min Operating Temp: 33 degrees Fahrenheit
- Max Operating Temp: 95 degrees Fahrenheit
- Power Cable: 33 ft.
- Water drainage: Outlet spigot .47"
- Monitor Box - (3 neon lamps)
- Length: 4.72"
- Width: 3.15"
- Depth: 2.17"
- Fighting Vehicles
- Military Aircraft
- Landing Vessels
- Radar Systems
- Aircraft Drop Tanks
- Marine Vessels
- Electrical Switchgear
- Land Vehicles Stores
- Aircraft Engines